Thursday, November 12, 2015

Fourth Year Fun

Anna Brown, MS4
Hi, I'm Anna, an MS4 who is busy with the interview season but always up for a fun time with volunteering. This past Saturday I had a blast with Duke in Durham Day helping with HubFarm, a great organization that promotes sustainable farming and health education for adolescent children. I particularly enjoyed the role of DJ and getting to choose songs we could jam out to while planting strawberries, helping build a tiered wall for gardening space, or painting fun signs.

It was raining but we still had a great time and just wore colorful ponchos. The medical school's dedication to service and volunteering as well as community involvement is one of the main reasons I chose Duke for medical school. It truly is a fantastic, fun community and I've enjoyed being a part of it.


You can check out the HubFarm here: http://www.thehubfarm.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment